The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) invites all stakeholders in the sector to nominate young producers either in agriculture, forestry and fisheries to enter for the 2019 #Youth in Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Awards Competition.
Nominations are requested in the following categories:
- Agriculture Awards (smallholder and commercial) | Prize money: R200 000 (commercial) R100 000 (smallholder)
- Forestry Awards (small-scale and large-scale) | Prize money: R200 000 (large-scale) R100 000 (small-scale)
- Fisheries Awards (small-scale and large-scale) | Prize money: R200 000 (large-scale) R100 000 (small-scale)
- Agro-processing Awards (small-scale and large scale) | Prize money: R200 000 (large-scale) R100 000 (small-scale)
- Special Awards: Agricultural Training Institutions graduate (Prize money: R50 000) & Youth living with a Disability (Prize money: R50 000)
- competition entrants must be involved in agriculture, forestry and fisheries activities for two (2) years on a full-time basis.
- Entrants must be between 18-35 years of age, and from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Only South African youth are allowed to enter the competition.
- Government employees are not allowed to enter the competition.
- The enterprise must be registered in the entrant’s name; however in the event of the enterprise/entity including older people, young people should be in majority by 51% and the entrant must prove their ownership and/or involvement in the management and decision-making aspects of the entity.
- The Executive Authority’s decision is final.
Nomination forms are obtainable from the departmental website: www.daff.gov.za, under the DAFF Youth tab and at Provincial Departments of Agriculture.
Close date for nominations: 15 April 2019
For enquiries, please contact Mr Matlhatsi Seloane on 012 319 6228 or matlhatsiS@daff.gov.za | Ms Olebogeng Gaelejwe 012 319 6222 or olebogengG@daff.gov.za