Entries are now open for the inaugural Women in Food, Beverage & Hospitality Awards, the new highlight of the Hotel & Hospitality Show.
Africa’s top hotel and hospitality industry trade show has invited entries and nominations for the first awards in South Africa to recognise top women and top organisations empowering women across the board in the country’s hotel, food and beverage sectors.
The inaugural Women in Food, Beverage & Hospitality Awards will be judged by a panel of renowned industry leaders, with awards to be presented at the Hotel & Hospitality Show during Africa Trade Week in Johannesburg in June this year.
The awards will recognise:
Women in Food:
- Emerging entrepreneur of the year
- Woman of the year – sponsored by Gallagher Convention Centre
- Best women’s skills development programme of the year
Women in Beverage:
- New product of the year
- Industry champion award
- Top women empowered programme of the year
Women in Hospitality:
- Best front of house
- Hotel chef of the year
- Excellence in leadership
- Best women empowerment & transformation programme
“Women play a crucial role in the success of South Africa’s hotel and hospitality sectors, and these awards have been introduced to celebrate women leading the way as influencers and innovators, reward excellence, and encourage further gender diversity in these industries,” says Lynn Chamier, Event Director for Food, Hospitality and Trade in South Africa, at dmg events.
The judging panel comprises industry experts including:
- Jeanette Moloto, Account Director at Marriott International South Africa
- Judy Brower, Co-founder of wine portal Wine.co.za and founder of #wineforgood
- Lara Mare’, Managing Director of Rush Nutrition
- Lee Zama, Chief Executive Officer of FEDHASA
- Mbali Nwoko, Chief Executive Farmer of Green Terrace
- Sarah Gray, Chairlady of the SA Chefs Association Women in Culinary Committee
- Judy Kepher Gona, advisor and analyst on sustainable travel & tourism and winner of the Forbes Woman Africa Sustainable Citizen Award 2019
- Xolile Mbatha, Research, Nutrition and Development Director at Kellogg’s South Africa
- Prof Nellie Swart, Associate Professor: Tourism Management at University of South Africa (UNISA)
Entries and nominations should be submitted here with an accompanying motivation letter. The deadline for submissions is 30 March 2020.
For more information about the nomination process and supporting documents contact: Roshenda Barendilla at email@example.com or call +27 21 7005513
The Women in Food, Beverage & Hospitality Awards is set to take place at the Hotel & Hospitality Show on 22 June 2020 at the Gallagher Convention Centre, Midrand. The event will be co-located with Africa’s Big 7 and SAITEX as part of Africa Trade Week at Gallagher Convention Centre in Johannesburg from 21 – 23 June 2020. Africa Trade Week attracts over 10,000 visitors from around the world each year.