We love dogs. Period. Wherever wine is made, you’re likely to find a loyal canine snoozing in the cellar, roaming the vineyards or loyally trailing their winemaker about in their daily duties.
Maybe it’s their keen sense of smell, unconditional love and companionship, or even their joyous, exuberant view of life, we don’t know. But what we do know is that dogs form an integral part of any winery or estate in the Cape Winelands.
BEST IN SHOW!
Our 2021 #SADogsofWine photo competition gives you the opportunity to show off your winery or winemaker’s most beloved cellar pooch, and get rewarded for it!
This year, our first place winner receives a bottle of Six Dogs Pinotage Stained Gin (valued at R500). First, second and third place winners all receive a PAWSECCO Duo Gift Pack plus a bottle of ‘human wine’, courtesy of Olive and Grape.
About the prize sponsors:
OLIVE AND GRAPE is an online boutique store specialising in locally produced wine and olive oil from smaller, non-commercial vineyards and farms across South Africa. Their aim is to support small businesses and expose consumers to a variety of products not found on the shelves of major retail outlets. Visit www.oliveandgrape.co.za or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PAWSECCO – sponsored by Olive and Grape – is a healthy, alcohol-free, non-carbonated and grape-free ‘pet wine’ packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Made with 100% natural and healthy herbs and herbal infusions (using Elderflower, Linden Blossom & Ginseng). Pour over food OR serve as a drink – whichever your pet prefers.
SIX DOGS DISTILLERY is nestled in the De Wet valley between the Breede River and Hex River valleys – where the wild things grow. Six Dogs Pinotage Stained is the love child of Six Dogs Gin and its neighbour’s highly prized block of Pinotage grapes. Six Dogs distils this Gin in small batches through generous quantities of juniper and fresh citrus. The grapes are handpicked, raced up the road to the distillery, de-stalked and placed into tanks to macerate. Here the Gin gets its colour and taste profile from the deep red essence of this truly South African cultivar. You could say this Gin is an alchemy between neighbours, friends, nature, and of course, six faithful dogs. Visit www.sixdogs.com for more information.
HOW IT WORKS?
Step 1: Upload a photo of you and your cellar pooch via social media.
Step 3: Give us your most creative ‘wine & woof’ caption & use the hashtag #SADogsofWine.
Competition closes 01 October 2021. Winner announced 01 November 2021 (on our social media platforms & print magazine). T&Cs apply (listed below).
WineLand Media | Social Media Competition | Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: WineLand Media (a division of Vinpro) whose registered office is at Picardi Farm, Cecilia Street, Southern Paarl, 7646
- The nominations are open to residents of the South Africa except employees of WineLand Media & Vinpro and their close relatives and anyone connected with the judging of the #SADogsofWine competition.
- The winning photo(s) will be reviewed and determined by an appointed in-house panel comprising of various wine industry roleplayers, including Vinpro stakeholders. The panel is chaired by WineLand Media editor-in-chief, Wanda Augustyn.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter.
- By entering, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the #SADogsofWine competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Email.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Closing date for entry will be 1 October 2021. After this date the no further entries to the #SADogsofWine competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the #SADogsofWine competition and how to enter are outlined above.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the #SADogsofWine competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- Nominees will be chosen by WineLand Media’s own in-house judging panel, chaired by Wanda Augustyn (WineLand Media Editor). The nominations are conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by promoter and or its agents.
- Nominees will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date.
- The promoter will notify the nominee of inclusion to the #SADogsofWine competition.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the #SADogsofWine competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this #SADogsofWine competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The #SADogsofWine competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- The nominee agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation (PoPI) and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the #SADogsofWine competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.