Our 2022 #SADogsofWine social media competition kicks off on 1 July 2022.
We love dogs. Period. Wherever wine is made, you’re likely to find a loyal canine snoozing in the cellar, roaming the vineyards or loyally trailing their winemaker about in their daily duties. Maybe it’s their keen sense of smell, unconditional love and companionship, or even their joyous, exuberant view of life, we don’t know. But what we do know is that dogs form an integral part of any winery or estate in the Cape Winelands.
BEST IN SHOW!
Our 2022 #SADogsofWine photo competition gives you the opportunity to show off your winery or winemaker’s most beloved cellar pooch, and get rewarded for it!
This year, our first place winner receives a R3 000 cash prize sponsored by Cork Supply and a bottle of Kaapse Vonkel sponsored by Simonsig Our second place winner will receive R1 500 and our third prize winner will receive a R500 cash prize.
ABOUT THE PRIZE SPONSORS
Cork supply: For four decades Cork Supply has been leader in the fields of Investigation, Development and Innovation. Every day the teams are driven to develop new ways of improving upon our products and services, to guarantee the satisfaction of our customers. For more info, go to https://corksupply.com/za
HOW IT WORKS?
- Step 1: Upload a photo of you and your cellar pooch via social media.
- Step 2: Like, follow and tag @WineLandSA on Facebook; @WineLandSA on Twitter and @winelandmedia on Instagram.
- Step 3: Give us your most creative ‘wine & woof’ caption & use the hashtag #SADogsofWine.
(*Alternatively, email your image & caption to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com)
Competition closes 1 November 2022. Winner announced 1 December 2022 (on our social media platforms & print magazine). T&Cs apply (listed below).
Some of our past entries:
WineLand Media | Social Media Competition | Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: WineLand Media (a division of Vinpro) whose registered office is at Picardi Farm, Cecilia Street, Southern Paarl, 7646
- The nominations are open to residents of the South Africa except employees of WineLand Media & Vinpro and their close relatives and anyone connected with the judging of the #SADogsofWine competition.
- The winning photo(s) will be reviewed and determined by an appointed in-house panel comprising of various wine industry roleplayers, including Vinpro stakeholders. The panel is chaired by WineLand Media editor-in-chief, Wanda Augustyn.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter.
- By entering, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the #SADogsofWine competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Email.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Closing date for entry will be 1 November 2022. After this date the no further entries to the #SADogsofWine competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the #SADogsofWine competition and how to enter are outlined above.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the #SADogsofWine competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- Nominees will be chosen by WineLand Media’s own in-house judging panel, chaired by Wanda Augustyn (WineLand Media Editor). The nominations are conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by promoter and or its agents.
- Nominees will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date.
- The promoter will notify the nominee of inclusion to the #SADogsofWine competition.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the #SADogsofWine competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this #SADogsofWine competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The #SADogsofWine competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- The nominee agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation (PoPI) and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the #SADogsofWine competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.