We love dogs. Period. Wherever wine is made, you’re likely to find a loyal canine snoozing in the cellar, roaming the vineyards or loyally trailing their winemaker about in their daily duties.
Maybe it’s their keen sense of smell, unconditional love and companionship, or even their joyous, exuberant view of life, we don’t know … But what we do know is that dogs form an integral part of any winery or estate in the Cape Winelands.
BEST IN SHOW!
Our 2020 #SADogsofWine photo competition gives you the opportunity to show off your winery or winemaker’s most beloved cellar pooch, AND get rewarded for doing so! 🙂
This year, the winner receives a Robertson Wine Valley Terroir Experience (for one lucky couple) valued at R10 800. This incredible prize allows you to whisk away that ‘someone special’ for an unforgettable weekend getaway in the spectacular Robertson wine region.
The prize: Two-night stay at Excelsior Wine Estate (breakfast & dinner included) as well as a wine blending experience (R5 900); Springfield Estate tasting and wine (R690); Bon Courage Wine Estate MCC tasting, lunch and wine (R738), De Wetshof Estate “The Wine Library” tasting and wine (R2 500); Graham Beck tasting, harvest platter, Graham Beck Blanc de Blancs Magnum (1.5L) (R990). Prize specifics can be found further down this article.
HOW IT WORKS?
Step 1: Upload a photo of you and your cellar pooch via social media.
Step 3: Give us your most creative ‘wine & woof’ caption & use the hashtag #SADogsofWine.
(*Alternatively, email your image & caption to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Competition closes 05 September 2020. Winner announced 01 October 2020 (on our social media platforms & print magazine – October 2020 issue). T&Cs apply (listed below).
To kickstart the 2020 #SADogsofWine campaign, we feature some of the Robertson Wine Valley’s most hard-working cellar pooches!
(Prize is valid for six months after Covid-19 lockdown regulations are completely lifted by the South African government, and citizens can travel freely).
SPRINGFIELD case of wine (six bottles) Miss Lucy valued at R690 and tasting at cellar. | Contact Jenna Bruwer email@example.com
BON COURAGE Wine and food voucher for two at Café Maude (R300). Two bottles of Gooseberry Bush Sauvignon Blanc; Two bottles of Lady of the House Rosé; Two bottles of Mulberry Bush Merlot (R438). | Contact Anneline Smuts firstname.lastname@example.org
DE WETSHOF ESTATE Winemaker’s Library Selection tasting and Estate Magnum 1.5 litre wine (R2 500) | Contact Charmain Delgado email@example.com
A comparative tasting of older wines from our De Wetshof Wine Library, specially selected by our winemaker. The Wine Library tasting takes a look back at the story of where our wines comes from through different chardonnay clones to unique viticultural sites.This offering includes 6 signature terroir driven wines which reflect the essence of De Wetshof Estate. Compared to current vintages of same or similar wines. The Wine Library host limited release, single vineyard wines. All wines are very limited and not generally available. Only possible by booking in advance. Minimum of a 24 hours’ notice, bookings cannot be made for the same day. Limited to 8 people.
EXCELSIOR Two nights accommodation for two people sharing, subject to availability including breakfast and dinner. A wine blending experience. One bottle. (R5 900). | Contact Ernest Excelsior firstname.lastname@example.org
GRAHAM BECK “A Glass Act Tasting” (R300), Cheese & Charcuterie Platter (R250) and a Magnum bottle of Graham Beck Blanc de Blancs (R490) | Contact Elbé Nortje email@example.com
Specially designed glassware was carefully selected due to the positive influence it has on the overall sensory experience whilst enjoying our award winning range of sparkling wines. Enjoy our Graham Beck Non Vintage range in the Riedel Ouverture Champagne flute or savour the Vintage range in the Riedel Veritas glass. Included in the tasting, you will also have the opportunity to experience the iconic Lehmann Jamesse Grand Champagne mouth-blown glass which offers a contemporary yet original design and a wide and generous roundness that permits an optimal appreciation of Méthode Cap Classique.
WineLand Media | Social Media Competition | Terms and Conditions
- The promoter is: WineLand Media (a division of Vinpro) whose registered office is at Picardi Farm, Cecilia Street, Southern Paarl, 7646
- The nominations are open to residents of the South Africa except employees of WineLand Media & Vinpro and their close relatives and anyone connected with the judging of the #SADogsofWine competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter.
- By entering, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the #SADogsofWine competition and details of how to enter are via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Email.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person.
- Closing date for entry will be 5 December 2020. After this date the no further entries to the #SADogsofWine competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the #SADogsofWine competition and how to enter are outlined above.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the #SADogsofWine competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- Nominees will be chosen by WineLand Media’s own in-house judging panel, chaired by Wanda Augustyn (WineLand Media Editor). The nominations are conducted via social media sites as measured and recorded and verified by promoter and or its agents.
- Nominees will be notified by email and/or DM on Twitter/Facebook and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date.
- The promoter will notify the nominee of inclusion to the #SADogsofWine competition.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the #SADogsofWine competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this #SADogsofWine competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The #SADogsofWine competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- The nominee agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation (PoPI) and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the #SADogsofWine competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The prize is valid for six (6) months after Covid-19 lockdown regulations are completely lifted by the South African government, and citizens are free to travel).