At the end of the third day of lockdown, Vinpro provided a status update on certain issues related to the South African wine industry.
Read in the Vinpro News: COVID-19 Lockdown #1 about:
- Harvest and processing may continue
- Status of ports and ban on wine exports
- Discussions on excise payments
- Employee matters
- Permits and registration of businesses
- Agricultural financial institutions informed on industry status
“We would like to thank each person who has engaged with us via phone calls, WhatsApp, e-mail, video conferences, etc. We appreciate the attitude and support from our industry partners and ask for your patience if it seems as though we are slow to respond. We will communicate any further progress on these issues as and when more information becomes available,” says Vinpro cellar manager Christo Conradie.